(Please note: these guidelines are still in development. Ed: July 2017)
LLC Member – membership is per household. General requirements:
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Complete and sign the membership questionnaire and affirmation
- Pay $150 non-refundable deposit and start monthly payments of $10 due on the first of the month
- The deposit buys equity in the eventual Limited Liability Corporation.
- The deposit amount increases every six months starting June 2017 to reflect the higher value as Armadillo Cohousing (“AC”) moves forward. Thus, on January 1, 2018, deposit will increase to $200, on June 1, 2018, to $250, etc. We reserve the right to reevaluate the increased amount at any time.
- Read through our Decision Log and any other important documents we produce (Vision Statement, etc.).
- Learn about the consensus process as we utilize it.
- Be assigned a “Buddy” to help catch up with the group’s progress so far.
- Join a committee.
- Commit to four hours of work a month outside of the meetings.
- Attend at least one bimonthly meeting each month, preferably both.
- If you miss a meeting, you’re expected to read the minutes and catch up with what you missed.
- Attend workshops as needed to grow the community.
- Agree to respond to communications from the group in a timely manner.
Agreeing to these points grants the undersigned full rights in consensus decision making and voting processes.
Landed Member – This level of membership will be fleshed out more as we get closer to buying land. It will be reserved for members who intend to put money down to purchase a unit in our community.
- As a Landed Member, you agree to:
- pay all dues and other payments in a timely manner
- stay involved by attending general and committee meetings
- inform the group if unable to attend a meeting, stay informed about the missed meeting by reading the minutes, and asking questions of other members as well as watching video of meeting if available
- transfer responsibilities to other members if unable to complete them for any reason
- follow the policies laid out for consensus decision making